POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dust? : Re: Dust? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dust?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 28 Sep 2004 23:24:56
Message: <Xns9573370B89CD4raf256com@203.29.75.35>
robertUNDERSCOREdobbinsATmailDOTtdsDOTnet news:4159cbe0$1@news.povray.org

> How would you make dust? The kind that settles in corners
> in the attic or the loft of a barn. I'm trying media now, but not
> getting the results I'd like, but that's not surprising :^)
> =Bob=

I suggest media.

Btw, for making a real small dust particles that actualy can be seen
individualiy, I suggest using either meany small sphere/random-mesh-phere-
like-shapes with media/transparency, or using density producing such
pattern, like

bozo
color_map {
  [0.0 rgb C*0]
  [0.8 rgb C*0]
  [1.0 rgb C*1]
}

where C is color of dust. Probably YOu wild like to use high quality on
such media in density-bozo-pattern case. Also density must be scalled
approperiatly.

Use media type - scattering 2 or 3 probably.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/